The Texas A&M University- Commerce Outdoor Adventure Program is simply a tool that offers adventure based learning opportunities for groups to develop as a team. Giving them the opportunity to enhance leadership, decision-making, and communication skills through an interactive process. The type of activities offered range from acquaintance, de-inhibitizer, trust, communication, decision-making, social responsibility, to personal responsibility activities. This hands-on approach is designed to help individuals learn from their interaction with others and then apply those principles to their life situations.
Primarily via faciliatated adventure experiences, the program provides collaborative co curricular programming, educational skill instruction, and applied leadership development.
Outdoor Adventure seeks to provide superior adventure and educational opportunities promoting active lifestyles, appreciation for the natural environment, and personal development.
Through intentional programming the operation serves as a crucial tool for the holistic development of, business or academic, individuals and teams alike.
- Increase participant’s sense of personal confidence
- Increase mutual support within group
- Develop increased joy in one’s physical self and in being with others
- Enhance problem-solving skills and improve communication
- Encourage participants to learn to face fear and cope with fearful situations
- Enhance and develop leadership skills
- A variety of teambuilding activities and initiatives
- 13 low challenge course elements
- 18 high ropes course challenges, including a dual zip-line, leap of faith, & screamer
- Guided canoe trips
- Backpacking expeditions
- Guided rock climbing trips
Outdoor Adventure offers a variety of menu programs and we’ll be glad to create a customized program to meet your needs.
You can view our programs on our Outdoor Adventure Menu, or you can fill out the Group Request Form to get started. Or directly contact Roger Greer, Assistant Director for Outdoor Adventure, at Roger.Greer@tamuc.edu, or 903.886.5849.